The year is off to a solid start in real estate! We’ll cover a lot of January 2014 Wake County real estate information here, beginning with a quick snapshot of the entire Triangle region comparing January 2013 to January 2014 (from the Triangle MLS)…
Triangle Real Estate Information
- Homes sold in January 2014 vs Jan. 2013 = 1,723 vs 1,550 representing an increase of 11.2%
- The inventory of homes for sale at the end of Jan. 2014 was 11,689 vs. 12,583 in Jan. 2013.
- The Days on Market until sale decreased by 10% for the same period with an average of 103 days in Jan. 2014 vs 114 days in Jan. 2013.
Wake County Real Estate Market Trends
The pie chart shows the percentages of:
- new active homes listed in January
- total homes for sale (active)
- homes that sold last month
- homes that went under contract
Wake County Active Real Estate
Wake County New Active Homes in January 2014
Pending Wake County Homes
Sold Homes in Wake County in January 2014
For great information more specific to each area of the Triangle, see the links below where we’ve posted individual area market reports summing up January:
Real Estate Market Trends for Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina
The table below details detached single family homes in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, and Fuquay-Varina by how many:
- New Active homes entered the housing market in January 2014
- Total Active homes were listed prior to Jan. 1st, 2014
- Homes Closed last year
- Homes that went under contract (Pending) in January 2014 and haven’t yet closed
- Average Days on the Market homes were listed before closing
Average Days on the Market Before Closing
If you are selling your Triangle home this should help give a quick overview of how long you can expect it will take to sell your home, IF it is priced right. Again the table above lists the average days on the market for those homes that were closed during January 2014.
Curious how your home stacks up against the competition, we offer a free Comparative Market Analysis. If you would like to know how we can market your home to get the best deal possible in the shortest amount of time, browse our Triangle home selling section or request a free pamphlet on how to get your home sold fast. When you’re ready, contact us and we’ll work together to get your home sold.
Wake County Homes for Sale – Active homes listed Before Jan. 1st 2014
Please keep in mind the charts below reflect the actual number of homes and not percentages. Comparing one area to another is most meaningful when dealing in percentages due to the varying number of homes in each area. We have this information in each of our individual January 2014 real estate market recaps for your review.
Number of Sold Homes in January 2014
That’s it, the January 2014 real estate recap! If you would like to discover what is on the market now that matches your unique criteria sign up for your own gateway and receive new listings as they enter the Triangle real estate market.
Should you have any questions regarding the information above or if you would like more detailed information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Disclaimer: Any reference to TMLS data is based on information from Triangle MLS, which neither guarantees nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. All data is provided ‘AS IS’ and with all faults. Data maintained by Triangle MLS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. Realtor® is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors®.