Wondering How the Triangle Real Estate Market is Looking?
Real estate activity in June 2012 (from the Triangle MLS) was strong…
- Homes sold in June 2012 vs June 2011 = 2,607 vs 2,197 representing an increase of 18.7%
- At the end of June 2012 the inventory of homes for sale was 13,691 vs 18,848 in June 2011, a decrease of 27.4%
- The Days on Market until sale saw a decrease of 2.5% for the same period with an average of 115 in June 2012 vs 118 in June 2011
The Triangle unemployment rate rose slightly to 7.8% in May, up from 7.5% in April.
Wake County Real Estate Statistics
Our Triangle market report will give you a good overview of how detached homes for sale in our area of NC performed in the Triangle Real Estate Market during the month of June 2012.
The pie chart breaks down the percentages of:
- new active homes listed in June
- total homes for sale (active)
- homes that sold
- homes under contract June 30th
For great information more specific to each area of the Triangle, see the links below to our blog where we’ve posted individual area market reports for last month:
- Wake County NC Real Estate Recap
- Raleigh Real Estate Recap
- Cary NC Real Estate Recap
- Holly Springs NC Real Estate Recap
- Morrisville NC Real Estate Recap
- Apex NC Real Estate Recap
- Wake Forest NC Real Estate Recap
- Garner NC Real Estate Recap
- Fuquay-Varina NC Real Estate Recap
- Knightdale NC Real Estate Recap
To break down the information above even further, the table below details Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Garner, Fuquay-Varina and Knightdale by how many:
- New Active homes entered the housing market in June
- Total Active homes were listed during the month (excludes the # of New Active homes as not to be redundant or skew the numbers)
- Homes Closed last month
- Homes that went under contract (Pending) in June
- Average Days on the Market homes were listed before closing
AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS ON THE MARKET BEFORE CLOSING
This graph indicates the average number of days a single family detached home remained on the market (includes only those homes that closed in June 2012).
If you are selling your Triangle home this should help give a quick overview of how long you can expect it will take to sell your home, IF it is priced right. Again the table above lists the average days on the market for those homes that were closed during June 2012.
If you are interested in finding out how your home stacks up against the competition, we offer a free Comparative Market Analysis. If you would like to know how we can market your home to get the best deal possible in the shortest amount of time, browse our Triangle home selling section or request a free pamphlet on how to get your home sold fast. When you’re ready, contact us and we’ll work together to get your home sold.
The information below will give an idea of what your options are as home buyers.
TRIANGLE HOMES FOR SALE – June 2012
HOMES that went UNDER CONTRACT last month
NUMBER OF HOMES THAT SOLD in june
If you would like to discover what is on the market now that matches your unique criteria sign up for your own gateway and receive new listings as they enter the Triangle real estate market.
Should you have any questions regarding the information above or if you would like more detailed information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Disclaimer: Any reference to TMLS data is based on information from Triangle MLS, which neither guarantees nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. All data is provided ‘AS IS’ and with all faults. Data maintained by Triangle MLS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. Realtor is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors.