Number of homes sold are up, average list price is up, percentage of list price received at closing is up, average days on the market is down… Wake County, North Carolina had a tremendous year in real estate!
Is moving to, from or within the Triangle area of NC on your list of 2014 new year resolutions?
Included is the full recap of how Wake County real estate performed in 2013, divided by area and real estate activity.
We’ll start out with a quick snapshot of the entire Triangle region comparing 2013 to 2012 (from the Triangle MLS)…
- Homes sold in 2013 vs 2012 = 29,469 vs 23,859 representing an increase of 23.5%
- Average Sales Price in 2013 was $236,756 vs $226,625 in 2012, a 4.5% increase
- % of List Price Received increased slightly to 97.3% in 2013 vs 96.5% in 2012 (excluding seller concessions), a .8% increase
- The Days on Market until sale decreased substantially by 16% for the same period with an average of 100 days in 2013 vs 119 days in 2012
Wake County Real Estate Statistics
The pie chart shows the percentages of:
- new active homes listed last year
- total homes for sale (active)
- homes that sold
- homes under contract December 31st
For great information more specific to each area of the Triangle, see the links below where we’ve posted individual area market reports summing up last year:
To break down the information above even further, the table below details detached single family homes in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Garner, Fuquay-Varina and Knightdale by how many:
- New Active homes entered the housing market in 2013
- Total Active homes were listed prior to Jan. 1st, 2013 (have been listed for sale over 1 year)
- Homes Closed last year
- Homes that went under contract (Pending) in 2013 and haven’t yet closed
- Average Days on the Market homes were listed before closing
AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS ON THE MARKET BEFORE CLOSING
If you are selling your Triangle home this should help give a quick overview of how long you can expect it will take to sell your home, IF it is priced right. Again the table above lists the average days on the market for those homes that were closed during 2013.
If you are interested in finding out how your home stacks up against the competition, we offer a free Comparative Market Analysis. If you would like to know how we can market your home to get the best deal possible in the shortest amount of time, browse our Triangle home selling section or request a free pamphlet on how to get your home sold fast. When you’re ready, contact us and we’ll work together to get your home sold.
TRIANGLE HOMES FOR SALE – Listed Before Jan. 1st 2013
Please keep in mind the charts below reflect the actual number of homes and not percentages. Comparing one area to another is most meaningful when dealing in percentages due to the varying number of homes in each area. We have this information in each of our individual Triangle area 2013 real estate market recaps for your review.
NUMBER OF HOMES THAT SOLD IN 2013
That’s it, the 2013 year-end real estate recap! If you would like to discover what is on the market now that matches your unique criteria sign up for your own gateway and receive new listings as they enter the Triangle real estate market.
Should you have any questions regarding the information above or if you would like more detailed information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Disclaimer: Any reference to TMLS data is based on information from Triangle MLS, which neither guarantees nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. All data is provided ‘AS IS’ and with all faults. Data maintained by Triangle MLS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. Realtor® is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors®.