Gyms and Fitness Clubs in the Raleigh, Cary area of Wake County, NC
Whether your motivation to get fit stems from a New Year’s Resolution you’re still motivated by (share some of that motivation please!); seeing extra pounds on the scale; hopes of feeling good in a bathing suit; or wanting to be active with your new grandkids, a healthy life style is at the top of many of our to-do lists.
Who’s ready to help us with our goals? The local gyms and fitness health clubs of course!
The advertisements nudging our (already existing) guilt for indulging in the deliciousness around us is rampant, preying on our weaknesses and instilling hope for a leaner more toned self.
Now I don’t think the marketers of these fitness places have bad intentions… just opportunitists hoping to lure us in with their candy (sorry for the metaphor) to increase the chances they’ll be the ones to greet us at the door and lead us down the long hallway to being a healthier version of ourselves.
Contrary to how it sounds, I actually appreciate their chivalrous courting. Why not be enticed to be healthier… they make it look fun!
As I narrow down the options to find my personal path to a healthier me, I thought I’d compile and share a list of gyms and health clubs in the Raleigh and Cary areas of Wake County (of varying prices and methodology) to consider.
- Anytime Fitness (Raleigh, NC location)
- Blue Lotus (Raleigh, NC location)
- CU Fitness (Raleigh, NC location)
- LifeStyle Family Fitness (Apex, Cary and Raleigh locations)
- Lifetime Fitness (Cary, NC location)
- Fitness 19 (Cary and Raleigh location)
- Fitness Connection (Cary and Raleigh locations)
- NBS Gym (Raleigh, NC location)
- O2 Fitness (Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, and Fuquay-Varina locations)
- Planet Fitness (Garner, Knightdale and Raleigh, locations)
- Rapid Fitness (Raleigh, NC locations)
- Snap Fitness (Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Raleigh and Wendell locations)
- YMCA of the Triangle (Apex, Cary, Durham, Garner, Raleigh and Wake Forest locations)
If I’ve learned anything… beyond the brand, price, amenities and deals offered, choosing a location that is in a close and convenient to you or your work will (if you’re like me) weigh heavily on the decision to actually go everyday.
Best of luck with your get fit goals! If you find something wonderful that works for you – please share! Motivation and enticement is much appreciated!
Have a favorite we didn’t mention? Let us know, we’ll update our directory.
We hope to see you out and about in Wake County, NC!