Raleigh, NC was named yesterday as the #1 Best City in America by Bloomberg BusinessWeek!
On their list of the top 50 best cities, Raleigh claims #1 for the thriving social scene, great parks, good schools, and terrific universities including North Carolina State University and nearby Duke and UNC Chapel Hill.
Also mentioned (which we LOVE to write about) is that there are tons of things to do in Raleigh, NC!
Criteria for the ranking included:
- # of restaurants, bars and museums per capita
- # of colleges, libraries and professional sports team
- Income, poverty, unemployment, crime and foreclosure rates of the cities
- % of population with bachelor’s degrees
- public school performance
- park acres per 1,000 residents (I learned that Raleigh has a staggering 30.8 park acres per 1,000 residents – love this!)
- air quality
Not shy to accolades, Raleigh and NC have recently claimed coveted spots from Forbes and CNBC as well! Raleigh was named #1 Best Place for Business in 2011 by Forbes, named #2 BOOM Town by Forbes.com and North Carolina was named #3 Best State for Business by CNBC!
Another noteworthy acheivement: Durham, NC was named as 37th Best City!
We hope to see you out and about in Wake County, NC!